Senior Living in West Chazy, New York
Top zip codes in West Chazy, NY: 12992
- West Chazy scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- West Chazy scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including New York State Teachers Retirement, Meadowbrook Healthcare, and Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital S N F.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort, Barracks Golf Course, The, and Wilcox Cove Cottages & Golf.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Twin Ells Campsites, Flat Rock State Forest, and Monty\'s Bay Campsites.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (First Assembly of God and Nine Platt Hospitality Group).
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,355, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,290, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,684, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.30%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Chazy receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- West Chazy has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- West Chazy has a very sparse population density of 75.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Chazy have a short daily commute time.
- West Chazy has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.99%.