Senior Living in West Decatur, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in West Decatur, PA: 16878
- West Decatur scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- West Decatur scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Windy Hill Village , Mountain Laurel Nursing Care , and Ridgeview Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Philipsburg Country Club, Grandview Golf Course, and Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Woodland Campground and Curwensville Lake Recreation).
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Christian Missionary Church, Eason Glen T Rev, and Parsonville Assembly of God.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,818, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,679, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,096, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Decatur receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- West Decatur has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- West Decatur has a very sparse population density of 86.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Decatur have a very long daily commute time.
- West Decatur has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.98%.