Senior Living in West Dennis, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in West Dennis, MA: 02670
- West Dennis scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- West Dennis scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cape Cod Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Windsor Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Thirwood Place, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Eagle Pond.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 149 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (56% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Rock Golf Course, Bass River Golf Course, and Links 9 Course at Bayberry Hills Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Campers Haven Campground, Hart Farm, and Old Chatham Road RV Campground.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, St David\'s Episcopal Church, and Mid-cape Assembly of God.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,241, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,138, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.79%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Dennis receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- West Dennis has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- West Dennis has an average population density of 626.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Dennis have an average daily commute time.
- West Dennis has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.33%.