Senior Living in West Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in West Elizabeth, PA: 15088
- West Elizabeth scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- West Elizabeth scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jefferson Regional Medical Center, Upmc Mckeesport, and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
- There are 119 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Southwestern Assisted Care Residence, Mount Vernon of Elizabeth, and Jefferson Hills Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 427 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Seven Springs Country Club, Lakeside Course at Butler\'s Golf Course, and Riverview Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Round Hill Park, Renziehausen Park, and South Park.
- There are 293 churches in or near the city, including West Elizabeth United Meth Chr, St Isaac Jogues Church Rectory, and Morning Star Baptist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 196 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 139 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,206, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,161, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,780, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.36%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Elizabeth receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- West Elizabeth has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- West Elizabeth has a dense population density of 2,661.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Elizabeth have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- West Elizabeth has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.57%.