Senior Living in West Farmington, Maine
Top zip codes in West Farmington, ME: 04992
- West Farmington scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- West Farmington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Franklin Memorial Hospital and Franklin Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pierce House, Orchard Park Rehab and Living, and Village View Apartments.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Sandy River Golf Course, Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, and Oakdale Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Where the Heck R We Campground).
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Congregational Church First, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Henderson Memorial Baptist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $3,648, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 100.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Farmington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- West Farmington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- West Farmington has a dense population density of 1,745.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Farmington have a very short daily commute time.
- West Farmington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.