Senior Living in West Hartford, Vermont
Top zip codes in West Hartford, VT: 05084
- West Hartford scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- West Hartford scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (White River Jct Va Medical Center and Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Senior Action Center, Brookside Nursing Home, Inc., and Merry Meadow Farm.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Quechee Club, The (Highland Course at Quechee Club, The), Quechee Club, The -Lakeland, and Woodstock Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Quechee Ski Hill, Quechee / Pine Valley KOA, and Quechee State Park.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including North Pomfret Congregational Church, Sharon Congregational Church, and Journey.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,890, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,211, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,282, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Hartford receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- West Hartford has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- West Hartford has a very sparse population density of 59.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Hartford have a very short daily commute time.
- West Hartford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.