Senior Living in West Haven, Connecticut
Top zip codes in West Haven, CT: 06516
- West Haven scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- West Haven scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Va Connecticut Healthcare Syst, Yale-new Haven Psych Hosp, and Yale-new Haven Hospital.
- There are 86 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Paradigm Healthcare, Quality Staffing Homecare, and Apple Rehab West Haven.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 420 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 105 golf courses in or around the city, including Grassy Hill Country Club, Orange Hills Country Club, and Eighteen Course at Race Brook Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including New Haven Green, Edgewood Park, and Marsh Botanic Gardens.
- There are 210 churches in or near the city, including St John Vianney Church, St Lawrence\'s Church, and Our Lady of Victory Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 262 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 149 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,940, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,057, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,601, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.88%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Haven receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- West Haven has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- West Haven has a dense population density of 5,170.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Haven have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- West Haven has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.12%.