Senior Living in West River, Maryland
Top zip codes in West River, MD: 20778
- West River scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- West River scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Anne Arundel Medical Center and Anne Arundel Medical Center).
- There are 62 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Home Ltd, South River Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Brightview South River.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 209 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Old South Country Club, South River Golf Links, and Twin Shields Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Washington DC, Thomas Point Park, and Historic London Town & Gardens.
- There are 220 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Cordingley Saundra L, and Christ Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 82 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $143,945, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $117,663, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $52,540, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.64%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West River receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- West River has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- West River has a sparse population density of 255.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of West River have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- West River has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.58%.