Senior Living in West Simsbury, Connecticut
Top zip codes in West Simsbury, CT: 06092
- West Simsbury scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- West Simsbury scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hebrew Home And Hospital Inc, John Dempsey Hospital, and St Francis Hospital & Medical Center.
- There are 87 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mclean , Governor\'s House, and Arden Courts of Avon.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 282 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 106 golf courses in or around the city, including Simsbury Farms Golf Club, Hotchkiss School Golf Course, and Hop Meadow Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Massacoe State Forest, Penwood State Park, and Talcott Mountain State Park.
- There are 355 churches in or near the city, including St Catherine of Siena, St Albans Episcopal Church, and St Mary\'s Rectory.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 219 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 103 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $209,022, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $156,815, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $65,968, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.99%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Simsbury receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- West Simsbury has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- West Simsbury has a sparse population density of 486.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Simsbury have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- West Simsbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.95%.