Senior Living in West Springfield, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in West Springfield, MA: 01089
- West Springfield scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- West Springfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baystate Medical Center, Mercy Medical Center, and Shriners Hospitals For Child.
- There are 78 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Landmark at Monastery Heights, Wingate at West Springfield Rehab & Skill Nursing Residential, and Gandara Miracle House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 331 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 79 golf courses in or around the city, including Springfield Country Club, Oak Ridge Golf Club, and Agawam Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Springfield Armory, Wistariahurst Museum, and Holyoke Heritage State Park.
- There are 190 churches in or near the city, including Grace Lutheran Church, First Cong Church, and Immaculate Conception Parish.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 234 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 114 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,535, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,251, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,946, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.71%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Springfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- West Springfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- West Springfield has a dense population density of 1,698.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Springfield have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- West Springfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.10%.