Senior Living in West Valley, New York
Top zip codes in West Valley, NY: 14171
- West Valley scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- West Valley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bertrand Chaffee Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fiddlers Green Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Jennie B Richmond Chaffee Nursing Home , and The Pines - Machias Campus .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Springville Country Club, Holiday Valley Resort, and Concord Crest Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Gooseneck Hill Waterfowl Sanctuary, Griffis Sculpture Park, and Allegany Mountain Resort at Rainbow Lake.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, Salem Lutheran Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,151, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,132, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,904, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.80%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Valley receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- West Valley has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- West Valley has a very sparse population density of 40.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Valley have a long daily commute time.
- West Valley has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.43%.