Senior Living in West Warwick, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in West Warwick, RI: 02893
- West Warwick scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- West Warwick scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kent County Memorial Hospital, Eleanor Slater Hospital, and Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island.
- There are 96 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including West View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Summer Villa, and Brookdale Centre of New England.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 405 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including West Warwick Country Club, Midville Country Club, and Potowomut Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Goddard Memorial State Park, Roger Williams Park Zoo, and Burnside Park.
- There are 307 churches in or near the city, including St Peter & Paul Catholic Chr, Rhode Island Church of Christ, and St John the Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 190 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 141 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,193, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,939, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,224, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Warwick receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- West Warwick has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- West Warwick has a dense population density of 3,764.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Warwick have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- West Warwick has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.55%.