Senior Living in Westbrook, Maine
Top zip codes in Westbrook, ME: 04092
- Westbrook scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Westbrook scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Maine Medical Center, New England Rehab Hospital, and Spring Harbor Hospital.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westbrook Housing, Springbrook Center, and Avita of Stroudwater.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 253 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Westerly Winds Golf Course, Rivermeadow Golf Club, and Twin Falls Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Fore River Sanctuary, Baxter Woods, and Edward Payson Park.
- There are 123 churches in or near the city, including Westbrook United Methodist Chr, Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 123 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 87 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,581, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,363, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,705, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Westbrook receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Westbrook has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Westbrook has an average population density of 1,022.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Westbrook have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Westbrook has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.60%.