Senior Living in Weston, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Weston, NE: 68070
- Weston scores lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Weston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Saunders Medical Center and Saunders County Hlth Service).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Saunders Medical Center LTCF, Saunders House, and Liberty House Wahoo.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Hilltop Country Club, David City Golf Course, and Country Drive Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Red Cedar Lake, Hackberry Park, and Peony Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including St John Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,491, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,408, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.68%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Weston receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Weston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Weston has a very sparse population density of 12.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Weston have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Weston has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.52%.