Senior Living in Weston, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Weston, PA: 18256
- Weston scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Weston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and Berwick Hospital Center.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Laurels Senior Living Community, Corrigan House, and Fritzingertown Senior Living Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley Country Club, Sugarloaf Golf Club, and Arnold\'s Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Moyers Grove Campground, Council Cup Campground, and Tuscarora State Park.
- There are 53 churches in or near the city, including St John Bosco Parish Church, Conyngham United Methodist Chr, and Christ Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,582, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,429, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,890, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Weston receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Weston has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Weston has a sparse population density of 330.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Weston have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Weston has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.63%.