Senior Living in Westons Mills, New York
Top zip codes in Westons Mills, NY: 14788
- Westons Mills scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Westons Mills scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Olean General Hospital and Cuba Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aspen Tower, The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus, and Eden Heights.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Bartlett Country Club, Castle Inn Golf Course, and St. Bonaventure Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Riverhurst Park Campground, Oak Hill Park, and Rock City Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including MT Zion Christian Assembly, G & C Counter Tops, and Grace Alliance Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,118, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,429, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,482, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 17% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Westons Mills receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Westons Mills has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Westons Mills has an average population density of 776.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Westons Mills have a very short daily commute time.
- Westons Mills has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 45.00%.