Senior Living in Westport Point, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Westport Point, MA: 02791
- Westport Point scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Westport Point scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Saint Anne\'s Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital).
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Residence at Cedar Dell, Brookdale Dartmouth Village, and Brandon Woods of Dartmouth.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (60% of residents).
- There are 79 golf courses in or around the city, including Sakonnet Golf Club, Acoaxet Club, and Pocasset Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Horseneck Beach State Reservation, Demarest Lloyd State Park, and Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 62 churches in or near the city, including Chase Peter Rev, St Catherines Catholic Church, and Lighthouse Assembly of God.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 79 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 49 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Westport Point receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Westport Point has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Westport Point has a sparse population density of 233.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Westport Point have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Westport Point has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.