Senior Living in Westville, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Westville, NJ: 08093
- Westville scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Westville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 41 hospitals within close range of the city, including Underwood Memorial Hospital, Virtua West Jersey Hosp-camden, and St Agnes Medical Center.
- There are 203 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Inspira Acute Care for Elders Unit - Woodbury, Red Bank Housing Authority, and Avenues To Independent Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1518 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 163 golf courses in or around the city, including RiverWinds Golf Club, Woodbury Country Club, and Westwood Golf Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Red Bank Battlefield Park, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park, and Marconi Plaza.
- There are 646 churches in or near the city, including St Anne\'s Roman Catholic, Most Holy Redeemer Church, and St John Lutheran Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1036 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 43 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 418 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,696, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,050, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,387, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.94%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Westville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Westville has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Westville has a dense population density of 2,092.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Westville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Westville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.03%.