Senior Living in Westwood, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Westwood, NJ: 07675
- Westwood scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Westwood scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 30 hospitals within close range of the city, including Pascack Valley Hospital, Rockland Psychiatric Center, and Rockland Children\'s Psych Ctr.
- There are 219 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise of Old Tappan, The Buckingham at Norwood, and The Promenade at Blue Hill.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1450 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 204 golf courses in or around the city, including Bergen Hills Country Club, Blue/White Course at Edgewood Country Club, and Old Tappan Golf Course.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Blauvelt State Park, Tallman Mountain State Park, and Palisades Interstate Park.
- There are 574 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Victories, Community Church-Harrington Pk, and Our Lady of Victory.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 900 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 43 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 490 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $134,096, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $99,795, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $49,780, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.78%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Westwood receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Westwood has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Westwood has a dense population density of 2,740.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Westwood have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Westwood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.61%.