Senior Living in Wethersfield, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Wethersfield, CT: 06109
- Wethersfield scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Wethersfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Veterans Home And Hospital, Connecticut Childrens Medical Center, and Hartford Hospital.
- There are 135 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alberta Manor Rest Home, Ellis Manor, and Maple View Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 584 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Wethersfield Country Club, Goodwin Course at Goodwin Golf Course, and Rolling Greens Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum, Bushnell Park, and Elizabeth Park Conservancy.
- There are 490 churches in or near the city, including Corpus Christi Church, Church of the Incarnation, and Sacred Heart Rectory.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 408 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 20 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 184 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $91,828, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,041, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,912, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.66%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wethersfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wethersfield has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Wethersfield has a dense population density of 2,167.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wethersfield have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Wethersfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.69%.