Senior Living in Wharton, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Wharton, NJ: 07885
- Wharton scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Wharton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Clare\'s Hospital, Greystone Park Psych Hospital, and Morristown Memorial Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mt Arlington Senior Living, Dwelling Place at St Clare\'s, and Regency Grande Post-acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 318 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 125 golf courses in or around the city, including Picatinny Golf Club, Lake Lackawanna Golf Course, and Peace Pipe Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Hopatcong State Park, Turkey Brook Park, and Kittatinny Valley State Park.
- There are 132 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of the Lake Church, Our Lady of Lake, and St John\'s United Methodist Chr.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 126 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 142 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $91,259, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,198, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,776, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.05%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wharton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wharton has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Wharton has an average population density of 670.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wharton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Wharton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.54%.