Senior Living in Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Top zip codes in Wheat Ridge, CO: 80033
- Wheat Ridge scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Wheat Ridge scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Exempla Lutheran Medical Center, Centura Health-st Anthony Central Hospital, and Denver Health Medical Center.
- There are 265 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Orchard, Morning Side Retirement Community, and Vista Village Assisted Living Mt. Vista.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 955 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 91 golf courses in or around the city, including Cottonwood/Silo Course at West Woods Golf Club, Willis Case Golf Course, and Lakewood Country Club.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge, Confluence Park, and Addenbrooke Park.
- There are 575 churches in or near the city, including Applewood Baptist Church, Trinity Baptist Church, and St Peter & Paul Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 453 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 265 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,357, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,202, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,339, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,295 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.40%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wheat Ridge receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Wheat Ridge has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Wheat Ridge has a dense population density of 2,894.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wheat Ridge have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Wheat Ridge has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.25%.