Senior Living in White Marsh, Maryland
Top zip codes in White Marsh, MD: 21162
- White Marsh scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- White Marsh scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franklin Square Hospital Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
- There are 139 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Joyous Living, Brightview Perry Hall, and Ma Maison - Cottage III.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 482 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Mt. Vista Golf Course, Mountain Branch Golf Course, and Rocky Point Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Marshy Point Nature Center, Harford Glen Park, and Cromwell Valley Park.
- There are 369 churches in or near the city, including Asbury United Methodist Church, New Life Baptist Church, and Camp Chapel Methodist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 314 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 157 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $91,628, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,639, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,868, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.54%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- White Marsh receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- White Marsh has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- White Marsh has a sparse population density of 489.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of White Marsh have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- White Marsh has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.12%.