Senior Living in White Plains, Maryland
Top zip codes in White Plains, MD: 20695
- White Plains scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- White Plains scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Civista Medical Center, Civista Health, and Fort Washington Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Abby Manor, Annette\'s Place, and Peaceful Life Assisted Living, Carrington.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including White Plains Regional Park & Golf Course, Hawthorne Country Club, and Potomac Ridge Golf Links.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area, Chapel Point State Park, and Chapman State Park.
- There are 139 churches in or near the city, including South Potomac Church, Redeeming Life Ministries International, and Laplata Church of Christ.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 65 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $103,112, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $94,570, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,000, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- White Plains receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- White Plains has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- White Plains has an average population density of 537.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of White Plains have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- White Plains has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.69%.