Senior Living in Whitehall, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Whitehall, PA: 18052
- Whitehall scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Whitehall scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sacred Heart Hospital, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fellowship Manor, Weston Senior Living Center at Northampton, and Horizon House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 399 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Brook Golf Course, Allentown Municipal Golf Course, and Iron Lakes Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Coplay Cement Kilns, Covered Bridge Park, and Bicentennial Park.
- There are 272 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Faith Evangelical Lutheran, and St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 184 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 150 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,895, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,909, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,387, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Whitehall receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Whitehall has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Whitehall has a dense population density of 2,123.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Whitehall have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Whitehall has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.63%.