Senior Living in Whitestone, New York
Top zip codes in Whitestone, NY: 11357
- Whitestone scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Whitestone scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 83 hospitals within close range of the city, including Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Jacobi Medical Center, and New York Westchester Square Medical Center.
- There are 352 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing Queens, Bridge View Nursing Home, and Sutten Garden.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5076 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 208 golf courses in or around the city, including Clearview Golf Course, Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 51 parks near the city center, including Fort Totten Park, Ferry Point Park, and Queens Botanical Garden.
- There are 1675 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Rc Church, Grace Episcopal Church, and St Lukes Roman Catholic Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3208 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 247 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1211 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $92,941, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,922, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,097, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.00%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Whitestone receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Whitestone has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Whitestone has a very dense population density of 13,977.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Whitestone have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Whitestone has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.25%.