Senior Living in Whiting, Vermont
Top zip codes in Whiting, VT: 05778
- Whiting scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Whiting scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Porter Hospital, Inc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wintergreen Residential Care, The Residence at Otter Creek, and Eastview at Middlebury.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Neshobe Golf Club, Ralph Myhre Golf Course, The, and Proctor-Pittsford Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Lake Dunmore Kampersville and Branbury State Park).
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Salibury Congregational Church, Brandon Baptist Church, and Church of Nazarene.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,413, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,875, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,700, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.02%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Whiting receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Whiting has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Whiting has a very sparse population density of 29.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Whiting have an average daily commute time.
- Whiting has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.69%.