Senior Living in Wichita, Kansas
- Wichita scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Wichita scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Via Christi Hospitals Wichita Inc, Wesley Medical Center, and Riverside Health System.
- There are 91 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Masonic Towers, Larksfield Place, and Gracious Lifestyles.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 374 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Sim Park Golf Course, MacDonald Golf Course, and Braeburn Golf Club at WSU.
- There are 50 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Park, Murdock Park, and Botanica Gardens.
- There are 242 churches in or near the city, including First Christian Church, First Baptist Church-Wichita, and St Mary\'s Cathedral.
- There are 30 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 137 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 73 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.34% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,945, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,144, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,406, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,810 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,756 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wichita receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Wichita has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Wichita has a dense population density of 1,790.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wichita have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Wichita has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.57%.