Senior Living in Wiconisco, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wiconisco, PA: 17097
- Wiconisco scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wiconisco scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Harrisburg North Public Golf, and Manada Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Swatara State Park, Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, and Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart of Jesus, Williamstown United Meth Chr, and Simeon United Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,523, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,400, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,083, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.86%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wiconisco receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wiconisco has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Wiconisco has a sparse population density of 306.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wiconisco have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Wiconisco has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.42%.