Senior Living in Wilburton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wilburton, PA: 17888
- Wilburton scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wilburton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs, Shamokin Area Community Hospital, and Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Serenity Gardens Personal Care, and Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Three Ponds Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lake Glory Campground, Knoebels Campground, and Indian Head Campground.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Grace Evangelical Indpdnt Chr, Latter Rain Church, and G Grace Evangelical Independent Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,760, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,583, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,726, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.13%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wilburton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wilburton has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wilburton has a sparse population density of 114.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wilburton have a short daily commute time.
- Wilburton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.41%.