Senior Living in Wilcox, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wilcox, PA: 15870
- Wilcox scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wilcox scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kane Community Hospital, Kane Community Hospital, and Elk Regional Health Center.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Lutheran Home at Kane, Silver Creek Terrace, and Elk Haven Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Kane Country Club, Kane Country Club, and St. Mary\'s Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Bendigo State Park, State Game Lands Number 25, and High Pines RV Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Nelson Richard C, Lutheran Home at Kane, and Morris Fk.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,092, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,476, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,561, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.53%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wilcox receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wilcox has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wilcox has a very sparse population density of 10.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wilcox have an average daily commute time.
- Wilcox has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.63%.