Senior Living in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Williamsburg, PA: 16693
- Williamsburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Williamsburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Cove Forge Behav Hlth Syst, James E. Van Zandt Va Medical Center (altoona), and Bon Secours-holy Family Syst.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Always Best Care, Valley View Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Colonial Courtyard In-Home Senior Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Sylvan Hills Golf Course, Scotch Valley Country Club, and Greenwood Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Canoe Creek State Park, Pleasant Hills Campground, and Lakemont Park.
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including Living Water Family Worship, Zion Lutheran Church, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,513, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,707, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,996, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Williamsburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Williamsburg has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Williamsburg has a very sparse population density of 55.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Williamsburg have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Williamsburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.52%.