Senior Living in Williamstown, Vermont
Top zip codes in Williamstown, VT: 05679
- Williamstown scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Williamstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Central Vermont Medical Center, Central Vermont Medical Center, and Gifford Medical Center.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cota\'s Hospitality Home, Rowan Court Health and Rehab, and Lincoln House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Northfield Country Club, Country Club of Barre, and Montague Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Allis State Park, U-32 High School Wood Lot, and Green Valley Campground.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Williamstown United Federated, Avery Carroll & Evelyn Baptist, and St Sylvester Catholic Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,518, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,880, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,543, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.88%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Williamstown receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Williamstown has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Williamstown has a very sparse population density of 82.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Williamstown have an average daily commute time.
- Williamstown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.03%.