Senior Living in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Willow Grove, PA: 19090
- Willow Grove scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Willow Grove scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 41 hospitals within close range of the city, including Abington Memorial Hospital, Holy Redeemer Hosp And Med Ctr, and Chestnut Hill Rehab Hospital.
- There are 250 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Garden Spring Center, Willow Lake Retirement Residence, and The Landing at Willow Grove.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1350 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 182 golf courses in or around the city, including Twining Valley Golf Club, Commonwealth National Golf Club, and Abington Fitness & Country Club, The.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Lorimer Park, Curtis Arboretum, and Graeme Park.
- There are 498 churches in or near the city, including Willow Grove United Methodist, Calvary Presbyterian Church, and Penier Korean Presbyterian Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 677 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 30 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 354 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,972, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,201, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,550, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.04%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Willow Grove receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Willow Grove has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Willow Grove has a dense population density of 3,504.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Willow Grove have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Willow Grove has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.02%.