Senior Living in Willow Hill, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Willow Hill, PA: 17271
- Willow Hill scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Willow Hill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Fulton County Medical Center and Fulton County Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aprontree Large Personal Care Home, Leisure Living Retirement Home, and Greystone Manor Retirement Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Great Cove Golf Recreation, Rocky Spring Golf Course, and Majestic Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Historic Burnt Cabins Grist Mill and Cowans Gap State Park).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Trinity Church of Christ and Stump Robert E).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,460, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,667, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,695, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.81%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Willow Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Willow Hill has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Willow Hill has a very sparse population density of 31.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Willow Hill have a long daily commute time.
- Willow Hill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.42%.