Senior Living in Willow Street, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Willow Street, PA: 17584
- Willow Street scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Willow Street scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lancaster General Hospital, Community Hosp Of Lancaster, and Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willow View Home, Magnolia Manor, and Willow Valley Communities.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 168 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadia Heights Golf Club, Willow Valley Golf Course, and Lancaster Host Golf Resort.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lancaster County Central Park, Old Mill Stream Campground, and Longs Park.
- There are 155 churches in or near the city, including Willow Street United Church, West Willow United Methodist, and Ascension Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 134 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 63 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,232, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,086, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,766, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.45%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Willow Street receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Willow Street has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Willow Street has an average population density of 617.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Willow Street have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Willow Street has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.36%.