Senior Living in Wilmerding, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wilmerding, PA: 15148
- Wilmerding scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wilmerding scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 23 hospitals within close range of the city, including Western Pennsylvania Hosp Forbes Regional Campus, Healthsouth Grtr Pitts Rehab, and Upmc Braddock.
- There are 119 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evening Star Personal Care Home, Parkledge Arms, and Portview Apartments.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 641 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 122 golf courses in or around the city, including Maple Crest Golf Course, Grand View Golf Club, and Alcoma Golf Club.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including White Oak Park, Renziehausen Park, and Boyce Park.
- There are 355 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Alpha Lutheran Church, and St Robert Bellarmine.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 267 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 207 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $33,738, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $24,181, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,499, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.49%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wilmerding receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Wilmerding has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Wilmerding has a dense population density of 2,519.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wilmerding have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Wilmerding has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.24%.