Senior Living in Wilmington, North Carolina
- Wilmington scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Wilmington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including New Hanover Regional Medical Center, New Hanover Regional Med Ctr, and Wilmington Treatment Center.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pacifica Senior Living Wilmington, Azalea Health and Rehab Center, and Brookdale Wilmington.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 318 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Wilmington Municipal Golf Course, Cape Fear Country Club, and Duck Haven Golf Club.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Halyburton Park, Wade Park, and Hugh MacRae Park.
- There are 91 churches in or near the city, including B\'Nai Israel Synagogue, Christ Community Church, and Myrtle Grove Baptist Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 107 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,098, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,858, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,947, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,850 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,768 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.92%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wilmington receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wilmington has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wilmington has an average population density of 1,400.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wilmington have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Wilmington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.54%.