Senior Living in Windham, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Windham, NH: 03087
- Windham scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Windham scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northeast Rehab Hospital, Parkland Medical Center, and Holy Family Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital.
- There are 85 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Assisted Living at Pine Hill , Windham Terrace, and Warde Health Center (Assisted Living Facility).
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 326 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Bill Flynn\'s Windham Country Club, Applewood Golf Links, and Campbell\'s Scottish Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Benson Park, Greeley Park, and Mine Falls Park.
- There are 163 churches in or near the city, including St Matthew Parish, Windham Presbyterian Church, and Mary Queen of Peace Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 233 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 159 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.08% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $140,420, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $117,402, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,336, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.05%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Windham receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Windham has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Windham has an average population density of 507.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Windham have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Windham has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.28%.