Senior Living in Windsor, Vermont
Top zip codes in Windsor, VT: 05089
- Windsor scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Windsor scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mt Ascutney Hospital, White River Jct Va Medical Center, and Valley Regional Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willows of Windsor, Davis Home, and Historic Homes of Runnemede.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including John P. Larkin Country Club, Quechee Club, The (Highland Course at Quechee Club, The), and Quechee Club, The -Lakeland.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site, Ascutney State Park, and Running Bear Camping Area.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, St Francis of Assisi Rectory, and Brownsville Community Umc.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,314, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,424, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,196, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.40%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Windsor receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Windsor has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Windsor has a sparse population density of 121.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Windsor have a short daily commute time.
- Windsor has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.09%.