Senior Living in Winooski, Vermont
Top zip codes in Winooski, VT: 05404
- Winooski scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Winooski scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Fletcher Allen Hospital Of Vermont).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Gardens, ST. JOSEPH’S RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME, and Burlington Health and Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Rocky Ridge Golf Club, Burlington Country Club, and Vermont National Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Centennial Woods Natural Area, Battery Park, and Waterfront Park.
- There are 121 churches in or near the city, including St Stephen Church, St Francis Xavier, and Our Lady of Providence.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 75 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,399, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,405, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,931, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.04%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Winooski receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Winooski has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Winooski has a dense population density of 5,070.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Winooski have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Winooski has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.32%.