Senior Living in Winterport, Maine
Top zip codes in Winterport, ME: 04496
- Winterport scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- Winterport scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Avalon Village, Brewer Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Bangor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Hampden Country Club, Pine Hill Golf Club, and Bucksport Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Fort Knox and the Penobscot Narrows Observatory, Shady Oaks Campground, and Pumpkin Patch RV Resort.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Apostolic Church, United Methodist Church, and Hampden Congregational Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,296, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,102, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,365, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Winterport receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Winterport has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Winterport has a sparse population density of 105.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Winterport have a long daily commute time.
- Winterport has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.75%.