Senior Living in Winthrop, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Winthrop, MA: 02152
- Winthrop scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Winthrop scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 44 hospitals within close range of the city, including Soldiers Home In Massachusetts, New England Medical Center, and Tufts Medical Center.
- There are 241 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Don Orione Nursing Home, Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Harborlights, and Eastpointe Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1278 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 143 golf courses in or around the city, including Winthrop Golf Club, Kelley Greens Golf Course, and Presidents Golf Course.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Castle Island Park, Piers Park, and The Graves.
- There are 605 churches in or near the city, including Holy Rosary Catholic Church, First United Methodist Church, and St John the Evangelist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 774 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 47 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 530 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,036, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,744, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,624, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.67%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Winthrop receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Winthrop has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Winthrop has a very dense population density of 8,872.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Winthrop have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Winthrop has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.90%.