Senior Living in Winthrop, Maine
Top zip codes in Winthrop, ME: 04364
- Winthrop scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Winthrop scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Winthrop Manor Long Term Care and Rehab Center, Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center, and Balsam House.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Cobbossee Colony Golf, Augusta Country Club, and Kennebec Heights Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including More To Life Campground, The Birches Campground, and Beaver Brook Campground.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Congregational Church Ucc, East Winthrop Baptist Church, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,017, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,621, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,375, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.17%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Winthrop receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Winthrop has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Winthrop has a sparse population density of 197.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Winthrop have an average daily commute time.
- Winthrop has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.48%.