Senior Living in Wiscasset, Maine
Top zip codes in Wiscasset, ME: 04578
- Wiscasset scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Wiscasset scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Andrews Hospital, St Andrews Hospital, and Mid Coast Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Winship Green Center For Health and Rehabilitation, Boothbay Green, and Lincoln Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Boothbay Country Club, Wawenock Country Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Fort Edgecomb State Historic Site, Chewonki Campground, and Shore Hills Campground.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Fellowship Chapel, St Philips Episcopal Church, and Midcoast Country Chapel-a Calvery Chapel Outreach.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,510, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,338, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,806, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.25%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wiscasset receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wiscasset has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wiscasset has a sparse population density of 133.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wiscasset have an average daily commute time.
- Wiscasset has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.54%.