Senior Living in Woburn, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Woburn, MA: 01801
- Woburn scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Woburn scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 36 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth New England Rehab, Winchester Hospital, and Lahey Clinic Hospital.
- There are 245 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northeast Retirement Service, Woburn Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Monarch Homes of Woburn.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1259 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 157 golf courses in or around the city, including Woburn Country Club, Ironwood Golf & Batting Cages, and Unicorn Golf Course.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Middlesex Fells Reservation, Mary Cummings Park, and Breakheart Reservation.
- There are 504 churches in or near the city, including Lutheran Church-the Redeemer, St Barbara\'s Parish, and St Anthony\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 693 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 45 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 523 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,027, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,010, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,924, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Woburn receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Woburn has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Woburn has a dense population density of 3,074.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Woburn have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Woburn has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.71%.