Senior Living in Wolcott, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Wolcott, CT: 06716
- Wolcott scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Wolcott scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center, Saint Marys Hospital, and Bristol Hospital.
- There are 98 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wolcott View Manor, Autumn Healthcare at Bucks Hill, and Meridian Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 409 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Farmingbury Hills Golf Club, Country Club of Waterbury, and Pine Valley Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Black Rock State Park).
- There are 222 churches in or near the city, including St Pius X Rectory, St Maria Goretti Church, and Wolcott Congregational Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 294 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 133 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,477, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $80,529, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,349, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.77%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wolcott receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wolcott has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Wolcott has an average population density of 816.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wolcott have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Wolcott has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.61%.