Senior Living in Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Womelsdorf, PA: 19567
- Womelsdorf scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Womelsdorf scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wernersville State Hospital).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including StoneRidge Popular Run, Rile\'s Home - Aide Haven, and StoneRidge Retirement Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Lebanon Valley Golf Course, Heidelberg Country Club, and Green Acres Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Conrad Weiser Homestead, Appalachian RV Campground, and Berks County Park.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Christ Evan Lutheran Church, Zion United Church of Christ, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,288, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,962, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,117, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.46%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Womelsdorf receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Womelsdorf has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Womelsdorf has a sparse population density of 238.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Womelsdorf have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Womelsdorf has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.77%.