Senior Living in Woodbine, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Woodbine, NJ: 08270
- Woodbine scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Woodbine scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Shore Memorial Hospital and Cape Regional Medical Center Inc).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oceanview Center For Rehabilitation, The Shores at Wesley Manor, and Crest Haven Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 161 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Shore Gate Golf Club, B. L. England Recreation Center & Golf Course, and Ocean City Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Belleplain State Forest, Ocean View Resort Campground, and Leamings Run Gardens-Colonial.
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including Open Bible Baptist Church, First Baptist Church-Woodbine, and St Casimir\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,459, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,935, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,310, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,908 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Woodbine receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Woodbine has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Woodbine has a very sparse population density of 73.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Woodbine have a short daily commute time.
- Woodbine has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.43%.