Senior Living in Woodbourne, New York
Top zip codes in Woodbourne, NY: 12788
- Woodbourne scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Woodbourne scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ellenville Regional Hospital, Ellenville Community Hospital, and Catskill Regional Medical Center.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Gardens Apartments, Sullivan County Adult Care Center, and Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Lochmor Golf Course, Tarry Brae Golf Course, and Pines Hotel & Golf Club, The.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, Hilltop Farm Campsites, and Holiday Mountain Ski Area.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Methodist Church, Assembly of Christian Churches, and Praise Dominion Family Worship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,426, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,451, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,604, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.72%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Woodbourne receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Woodbourne has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Woodbourne has a sparse population density of 123.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Woodbourne have a long daily commute time.
- Woodbourne has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.69%.